Thursday, January 13, 2011

WHY?

This is how it begins. 
Somebody says “you should write a blog”. 
And you think to yourself “as if I don’t have enough to do as it is without bothering with that nonsense”. Besides, who writes these things anyway?  Basically, it’s a bunch of “look at me” self-promoter, Social networker, Computer geek, Angst ridden twentysomething, self-absorbed types who are so up themselves that they believe the world is just dying to know what they had for breakfast.  Why would I need to have that? I don’t do facetube.  I’m not on twitbook. I don’t have a Youspace thingy and I certainly don’t want one.
But then….I do have a duty to keep in touch with my family. Then there’s the obligation to keep my friends informed and even entertained (if I want them to remain my friends that is). E-mail will work but it’s tedious and time consuming to have to send lots of emails to different people.  When I went to Japan in August I thought that I would send a few short emails to a few people and just fill everybody in when I got back to NZ.  Some of the adventures I had were so humorous and strange that the emails I sent got to be quite long and rambling.  Some of the people claimed to enjoy them! Then they were even forwarding them to other people.  And then somebody said…………………..
But wait! There might just be something to this. It would kill a few birds with one stone.  I could add pictures! There’s a million photo opportunities in Japan.  Everyone will be at once informed, entertained and engaged. 
Why? 
Why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment