Saturday, January 28, 2012

Summer Roundup

It seems that December and January have passed by really quickly. I have not put anything up here due to these reasons. 1 The weather this summer has sucked. 2 Business has been really good which has taken most of my time. 3 I couldn't be bothered. Anyway, here's a summary of what we've been up to....

 Christmas..... a lot of relatives showed up. My sister and a friend came from Melbourne, my brother from Wellington and my cousin from Gisborne and an Aunt and uncle from Ireland. Turkey and Ham and Mince pies were consumed in great numbers.




 Milking cows....Shizuka got a chance to experience the glamour of the dairy industry at my Cousins farm in Northland. Now she knows why they make so much money!



 Barbecuing...In between the rain and wind we have been doing this a lot.





 A bit of sailing.....an overnight to Great Barrier Island and an evening harbour cruise.





 Buying Landrover parts....for my old series 2A Landrover. This involved 2 day trips, one to Glenbrook south of Auckland and to Whangarei 2 hours north.







A day trip to Rangitoto Island.....to celebrate Shizuka's 11th anniversary of arriving in Auckland. We took the volcanic explorer tour to the top and checked out the lava fields and the old beach houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment